November 13th is #WorldKindness Day!
Take time today to make a deliberate effort to be kind to someone!
Here are a 10 ideas to get you started.
1. Send cheerful mail to a sick child via Sunshine Snail Mail. Tell them that they are loved and special, and send them a few stickers to make them smile!
2. Instead of purchasing your Christmas gifts through Amazon, use Amazon Smile! It is the exact same website, but .5% of the sale goes to the charity of your choice!
3. Drop off flowers for the nurses at a local hospital, or Mylar balloons for the children! (No latex please!)
4. Sincerely thank someone who has made a difference in your life, such as a doctor, teacher, family member, etc. Send them a nice card or gift.
5. Donate blood through Memorial Blood Centers or American Red Cross.
6. Join Be The Match! Visit bethematch.org and click “Join.” They will mail you a free kit which you will use to swab the inside of your cheek. Once they have received and tested it, you are officially a potential bone marrow donor!
7. Loan money to a third world entrepreneur through at Kiva.org. Kiva is a non-profit organization that allows people to lend money via the Internet to low-income entrepreneurs and students in over 80 countries. These tiny investments change the lives of the families who receive them, and 99% of the loans are paid back.
8. Leave positive notes in unexpected places, such as public bathrooms, on windshields, around the grocery story, etc.
9. Call your parents and/or your grandparents just to say hello.
10. Recycle! If your workplace does not recycle, speak to your employer about adding Republic Services to the budget.
Please visit the The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation‘s website for more ideas and inspiration.